Workforce Innovations and Opportunities Act (WIOA)
Workforce Innovations and Opportunities Act (WIOA) is a no-cost employment program designed to give job seekers the support and/or skills training they need to find a job. Specifically, WIOA can provide:
- Job search assistance
- Child care assistance while in training
- Transportation assistance
- Necessary uniforms for training
- Training tools needed for your new job
- Funding for basic skills and occupational training
What Kind of Training is Available?
To ensure that individuals receiving training find jobs, WIOA only provides funding for training in occupations with good earnings potential and in growing industries in our East Texas Workforce Board area. For a complete list of the occupations for which training is available, please click here. WIOA-funded training for eligible occupations is provided by a wide variety of certified training providers in our area. If selected for WIOA-funded training, job seekers are able to pick the training provider of their choice. For a complete list of training providers certified for the WIOA program in the area, please visit www.twc.state.tx.us/boards.
How do I Know if I am Eligible?
The WIOA program is available to low-income adult workers and dislocated workers living in our East Texas Workforce Area.
Basic eligibility for the program includes:
- United States citizenship or eligible to work in the United States
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- If male and born after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selected Service (To verify selective service registration, visit www.sss.gov)
Additional eligibility criteria will be discussed at one of our weekly WIOA orientations.
How Can I Learn More?
If you believe you are eligible for WIOA and want to learn more, please attend one of the weekly Career Center orientations at one of our Workforce Centers. Please bring WIOA Pre-Application documentation to the orientation to help us serve you faster.