Services For People With Disabilities
Workforce Solutions East Texas is committed to providing employment-related services to all citizens of our East Texas area. Workforce Solutions provides a variety of options to help customers with disabilities use the services, resources and information offered at each of our Workforce Centers. As a person with a disability, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), you have the right to access all services, programs and activities provided at our Career Centers. Workforce Solutions East Texas is an equal opportunity employer/program.
As part of our commitment to providing services to all East Texas citizens, we provide accessible equipment in designated areas of our Workforce Centers to assist people with disabilities in their employment search. In each of our centers, we provide the following:
- Reserved workstations at each Workforce Center
- Wheelchair accessible facilities
- Keyboards with extra-large character font
- JAWS© and Purple© software
- Accessible websites, including WorkInTexas.com. *If you find part of our website is not accessible with your technology, please contact a Workforce office so you can be provided with the information in an alternative format.
- Relay Texas info: 1-800-735-2989 (TDD) / 711 (Voice) and IP Relay info
Read our Resource Guide for Job Seekers with Disabilities for a list of community resources.
We also work closely with the Division for Assistive and Rehabilitative Services to insure that individuals with disabilities have access to necessary services. For more information about DARS, please take a moment to watch the following video.